Position Name: Project Manager
Expected Work Time: Full Time
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits
This is your chance to change the way the San Francisco Bay Area powers its homes and businesses. Luminalt, San Francisco’s leading solar and energy storage design and installation company (CSLB #845219) is looking for a Project Manager to drive and coordinate projects.
Locally owned and operated, Luminalt designs and builds solar systems for single and multi-family homes, businesses, and nonprofits in the San Francisco Bay Area. Certified as San Francisco’s only Woman Business Enterprise solar installation company, Luminalt is also a San Francisco certified green business.
Luminalt’s outstanding installation quality and award-winning customer service sets us apart. We are committed to increasing diversity in the solar industry and are an equal opportunity employer. Luminalt’s office is fast paced, results oriented, and growing. Our office is professional, but casual.
Employment is conditional based on passing a pre-employment drug screening and DMV record check. Luminalt verifies US employment eligibility through E-Verify.
Visit https://www.luminalt.com for more information about Luminalt.
Job brief: The Project Manager will oversee our solar and energy storage construction projects from the contract-signed phase to the fully installed and commissioned phase
Primary functions of the position:
- Responsible for driving project construction lifecycle from contract signing, through design, material procurement, installation, and final inspection
- Deliver on-time and on-budget projects with happy customers
- Communicate and coordinate day to day details with clients and project stakeholders, delivering Luminalt’s values of exceptional build quality and customer experience
- Participate in design meetings and meetings with client(s)
- Lead on site engineering visits and relay information to design team
- Review budget and make budgetary decisions related to project
- Identify contract requirements and develop change order language
- Prepare project schedules and share with team. Attend weekly scheduling meetings and work with other Project Managers and Crew Manager to prioritize work
- Manage BOM (Bill Of Materials) development for projects and job readiness
- Prepare and complete job build documentation for crew
- Trigger next steps in the project to assure each milestone is achieved
- Coordinate day to day installation activities with other team members
- Check daily reports and photos and provide guidance and post to Salesforce
- Delegate and solve issues during all project stages
- Coordinate with Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ), utility, and other inspections as needed
- Drive daily communication as needed between client and Luminalt staff via email and Salesforce
- Help develop and document new processes to drive efficiency, quality, and staff morale
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Be able to report daily to our office and warehouse in San Francisco
- Experience in the residential or commercial solar and energy storage field
- Ability to read and interpret building plans, building codes, technical bulletins, code books, and other related documents
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organization and multitasking skills
- Strong math skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong computer skills
- Exceptional time management skills including a sense of urgency
- Strong leadership skills
- Self directed, independent, and solution oriented
- Value trust and honesty
- Value outstanding customer service
- Value teamwork and continuous improvement
- Be hard working and dependable
- Valid CA driver’s license with a clean driving record
- English proficient
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, no calls please.