Position Name: Purchaser
Expected Work Time: Full Time
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits
This is your chance to change the way the San Francisco Bay Area powers its homes and businesses. Luminalt, San Francisco’s leading solar and energy storage design and installation company (CSLB #845219) is looking for a Purchaser to procure Luminalt’s materials.
Locally owned and operated, Luminalt designs and builds solar and energy storage systems for single and multi-family homes, businesses and nonprofits in the San Francisco Bay Area. Certified as San Francisco’s only Woman Business Enterprise solar installation company, Luminalt is also a San Francisco certified green business.
Luminalt’s outstanding installation quality and award winning customer service sets us apart. We are committed to increasing diversity in the solar industry and are an equal opportunity employer. Luminalt is fast paced, results oriented and growing.
Visit https://www.luminalt.com for more information about Luminalt.
Job Brief: The Purchaser will make purchases, maintain Luminalt’s inventory, manage vendor relationships, negotiate pricing, and generally keep Luminalt stocked with parts and tools. This position requires strong communication, prioritization skills, and organizational skills. Luminalt will provide the Purchaser with specialized training in solar, energy storage, and general electrical purchasing.
Employment is conditional based on passing a pre-employment drug screening and DMV record check. Luminalt verifies US employment eligibility through E-Verify.
Primary functions of the job:
- Responsible for procurement of solar, energy storage and related materials for Luminalt
- Develop and maintain inventory spreadsheet(s) and or computer software to keep track of Luminalt materials
- Maintain vendor database with key information such as common materials they sell, contacts, and pricing
- Communicate and closely work with our warehouse, project management, and field teams
- Provide reporting and analysis on current spending. Develop strategies to reduce costs and negotiate pricing and terms with vendors
- Build and maintain vendor relationships
- Work with vendors to understand changes to product offerings and communicating to colleagues
- Verify quotes are accurate and that all shipping details are correct
- Maintain an accurate record of all open purchase orders
- Track projected build calendar and schedule delivery of equipment to match. Make sure materials are ordered and arrive on time
- Attend weekly meetings with project management and warehouse team to coordinate special material orders and deliveries.
- Read and track Bill Of Materials (BOM) for jobs to create orders or well planned purchases
- Complete new vendor account forms
- Track and forecast material expenditures
- Review incoming deliveries for completeness and accuracy
- Verify that invoices are accurate and approve pricing. Troubleshoot invoice discrepancies
- Work closely with warehouse and accounting on monthly inventory count
Successful candidates must meet the following Requirements:
- Be able to report regularly to our office and warehouse in San Francisco
- Strong interest is working in the solar and energy storage industry in San Francisco
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Basic arithmetic and accounting math skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency with Google calendar, Google sheets and Salesforce
- Exceptional time management skills including a sense of urgency
- Ability to work in a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Able to work independently with strong teamwork, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Value trust and honesty
- Value outstanding customer service
- Value teamwork and continuous improvement
- Be hard working and dependable
- English proficient
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, no calls please.