HR and Payroll Coordinator
You want to make a positive impact, enjoy building rapport with different types of people, supporting them as they develop their potential and grow, enjoy doing accurate detailed work with a number of moving parts, and are a great communicator and problem solver. You believe solar and energy storage are important to address climate change and want to be part of the movement to power the Bay Area with clean energy.
We are looking for a full-time HR and Payroll Coordinator that thrives in a fast paced environment with high performance expectations, committed to and capable of consistently doing the right thing for our colleagues, our clients, our company and others. The position will report to the Luminalt offices in San Francisco’s Mission District. We believe learning and training is best done where colleagues can share their knowledge and best practices. Later the position may allow for both working in the office and remotely.
Locally owned and operated, we design and build residential and commercial solar and solar paired battery energy storage systems in the Bay Area. Luminalt is San Francisco’s only majority women owned solar design-build firm (CSLB #845219). We are committed to increasing diversity in the solar industry and being a positive force for change in our community. Learn more about us at www.luminalt.com. This year we are eighteen years old, just over 50 people, and growing.
- Responsible for all aspects of in house weekly payroll processing using QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll for both hourly and salaried employees, ensuring your colleagues receive correct wages and benefits.
- Collect and verify employee and timekeeping data – Luminalt uses QuickBooks Time, an electronic timekeeping program for hourly employees to clock in and out and allocate employee time to projects. Salaried employees use it as well to allocate time to projects.
- Answer questions and resolve payroll issues
- Work with benefit providers to answer questions and resolve benefits issues
- Make payroll tax and benefits payments using QuickBooks
- Prepare and submit quarterly and annual tax reports, including W-2s via QuickBooks
- Assist with recruiting, supporting a productive and thoughtful assessment of candidates
- Onboard new employees with hiring manager assistance
- Work with managers and employees to ensure fair, equitable and legally compliant timekeeping, compensation, leaves of absences, accommodations, and career progressions
- Support managers and employees by scheduling and tracking performance reviews and educational, career development and safety training plans
- Offboard terminating employees with manager assistance
- Maintain employee records in accordance with applicable retention requirements
- Help draft company policies and provide support in their administration.
- Facilitate periodic updates to the employment handbook
- Maintain knowledge of applicable wage and hour and employment laws at the federal, state and local levels
- Work accommodation and Injury coordinator
- Support tracking, administration and enforcement of COVID-19 and other safety measures
- Other duties consistent with making Luminalt a safe, healthy and productive place to work
- Be proficient on a computer and have experience with QuickBooks, Ease Central, QuickBooks Time, Google Drive, Salesforce.
- Previous experience working in payroll for construction desirable, particularly knowledge of certified payroll using LCP tracker and reporting to the DIR
- Committed to providing colleagues with superior customer service and take pride in your work.
- Able to prioritize and get things done while treating others and themselves with respect and dignity.
- Wonderful on the phone – communicate clearly, timely respond to concerns and convey information professionally while inspiring confidence.
- A team player – working collaboratively with colleagues, stepping in to help others and are gracious when others step in to help you
- Are highly motivated, ethical and strive for self-improvement.
- Want to work full-time Monday through Friday. Possible to work some days remotely, but much of the work will be in the office.
- COVID-19 vaccinated or meet requirements for religious or medical exemption.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $62,400 – $70,000 per year, depending on experience
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Employee Medical
- Voluntary Family and Dependent Medical Coverage, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability and Identity Protection Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account for Medical and Dependent Care
- 401(k) after 1 year employment
- Educational benefit up to $500/year.
Let us know your wage expectations. Passing a pre-employment drug test, background check and authorization to work in the U.S. via e-verify is a condition of employment.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to