Here are some helpful resources for the 2018 Solar Tax Credit.
- The tax form to complete and attach to your federal income tax filing
- 2018 Form 5695 and Instructions for the residential Solar Tax Credit
- 2018 Form 3468 and Instructions for the investment Solar Tax Credit. Note: The most recent revision date for instructions is 2017.
- Resources about the credit that we hope you and your tax adviser will find helpful
- Internal Revenue Tax Codes
- IRS Notice 2013-70 – Q&A on Tax Credits for Sections 25C and 25D
- Manufacturer Certificates – SunPower
- 2018 IRS Private Letter Ruling on Energy Storage and the Residential Energy Credit
If you have any questions about the preparation of these tax forms or how the credit applies to your specific tax situation, please contact your tax adviser or seek qualified tax assistance. Luminalt is not a tax adviser.
If you had a battery system installed by Luminalt, it is designed to meet the requirements of the Solar Tax Credit provided it is paired with solar.
If you need another copy of your final receipt from Luminalt, please email email@example.com or call the office on (415) 641-4000.
Please be advised that the Solar Tax Credit drops to 26% beginning January 1st 2020 and is phased out over the next several years.