Solar For Your Home
If you’re interested in saving money and reducing your carbon footprint, installing a solar panel system on your home is a great solution. Here are a few of the reasons why installing solar with Luminalt is the smart choice for Bay Area homeowners:
- Save money. With a SunPower solar system from Luminalt, you’ll see a significant reduction in your electricity bills from day one. In the San Francisco Bay Area, the typical return on the upfront investment for solar systems is 10 years. Our goal is to beat the local average and ensure our customers get the highest quality solar with the best return on investment over the lifespan of the system. Learn more. (Link to Finance section)
- Benefit from tax incentives. At Luminalt, we help our customers take advantage of all available tax credits, rebates and incentives. As of 2020, homeowners can take a federal Investment Tax Credit for up to 26 percent of the total cost of installing solar. The ITC for residential projects is currently scheduled to step down to 22 percent in 2021, and then go to zero by 2022, unless Congress extends the ITC. With installation lead times increasing, it’s important to initiate your projects as soon as possible.
- Curb your carbon emissions. Producing your own solar energy offsets carbon dioxide emissions from fossil fuel-based power plants, improving air quality for everyone.
- Invest in the future. Residential solar energy systems are a smart investment in your future. Once the initial cost of solar is recouped from the energy you’re producing, the sun’s energy is free, protecting you from ever increasing utility rates.
- Support a locally owned solar business. When you work with a local solar panel installation company you’re helping generate local jobs and sustainable economic growth. We are dedicated to hiring and training local workers, many through community-based organizations. Learn more about Going Local.